Help with first board purchase (east coast US)

Get advice on the best surfboard for your needs. Tailored advice from knowledgeable surfers and surfboard shapers.

Help with first board purchase (east coast US)

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:56 pm

I'm interested in purchasing my first surfboard this summer. I am a 6'3 160 lb male. I have experience with skating, snowboarding and wake boarding, and I can't wait to finally surf. I'm looking for the most maneuverable board that will offer enough float to learn on. I’m in north east US, and will learn on fairly small waves. I’d appreciate any advice on a size/make/model and a good place to purchase the board (in NYC/long island area). Thanks in advance.

scott
Guest
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 7 posts

Similar topics

Buying a board in a reasonable time
RELATED: Longboarders Only
Author: howielt88
Replies: 3
Pop-up on longer board question
RELATED: Surfing Lessons For All
Author: AlohaSurfing01
Replies: 14
6’8 fish as second board
RELATED: Surfing Hardware
Author: Vroooom
Replies: 3
Return to Surfboard Advice